While sport is suspended as a result of lockdown, or indeed when directing training between squad training sessions, instilling a habit of self directed practice helps develop independence and resilience.
The “magic” activity type: ‘Own Practice’, simplifies both the setup of such sessions and the tracking of participation, allowing athletes to record completion, enjoyment and perceived exertion (if enabled).
Notifications requesting athlete confirmation of completion are issued 6 hours before the scheduled time and remain open for 15 hours after the event, allowing flexibility for athletes to complete the activity.
Select your squad / team
Switch to 'Activities' view
Click 'Add Activity'
New 'Own Practice'
Confirm 'Activity Type'
What the Athlete sees
- Sprinting from a cold start: will short preparation period increase injuries as GAA leagues kick-off?
- Swim, Score and Jump: why playing multiple sports benefit Kids
- The Cat and the Tribesman: Comparing Henry Shefflin and Joe Canning’s paths to glory
- Auto-allocate bibs at session start
- Tracking Rate of Perceived Exertion (RPE)